What is Lit for Kids?
A website dedicated to kids, books, families and a LOVE of reading. It’s easy to feel daunted by the millions of fantastic books and options out there and at a loss for where to start in choosing books for that special child (or children!) in your life. Whether you are a parent, grandparent, caregiver, or teacher you could use some suggestions on how to begin-and where to go from there. We have lots of ideas for instilling in kids a love of reading and making it part of their lives.
Who is it for?
Anyone with a kid in their lives- or a love of children’s literature. Parents, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, family members, kids themselves and the young at heart.
What will you find here?
- Recommendations for books at all ages, reading levels and interests
- Ways to use a favorite book as a jumping off place to do other things- knitting projects, cooking, trips, outings, play ideas and more
- Ideas for choosing a gift, building a library, or finding the perfect dinosaur book for the slightly obsessed kid
- Developmental information about how kids learn to read and write at all the stages and ages for teachers and parents
- Fun things to try with kids to learn more about your own child and where they are at with language acquisition
- A place to share your own tips, favorites, ideas and obsessions
Who are we?
A mom/grandma/teacher/activist whose field of expertise is language and literacy and who knows how to raise readers who love to read. A mom/writer/activist (her daughter) with young twins, now embarking on her own journey of passing along a love of reading. And you! Learn more about us.
You must be logged in to post a comment.